ITW Plexus Adhesives
For more than 30 years, ITW Polymers Adhesives has been offering their industry-leading proprietary Plexus line of methacrylate adhesives. Plexus adhesives are used across a huge range of industries and applications, including transportation, marine, architectural, infrastructure and wind.
Extremely versatile, ITW Plexus adhesives are used to join hard-to-bond engineered plastics, advanced composites, metals, and other dissimilar substrates. Additionally, as with the ITW epoxy line, these methacrylate adhesives can replace traditional assembly methods — such as mechanical fasteners and welding — in products such as boats, automobiles, trucks, buses, recreational vehicles (RV’s), railcars, spas, tubs and showers and wind turbine blades.
ITW Plexus Adhesive Options
Ensuring unmatched durability in some of the world’s most demanding applications, ITW Plexus adhesives revolutionized the design and manufacture of various types of products. ITW adhesives are approved by major certifying agencies across the globe.
As a leading manufacturer and distributor of hot melt adhesive equipment and parts, Adhesive & Equipment, Inc., (A&E) is proud to be a distributor of ITW Plexus adhesives. We sell, stock, service, install and rebuild all OEM hot melt brands.
As ITW Plexus distributors, we offer a wide range of ITW adhesives, listed below.
- - MA1020 — Very low cure shrinkage and very low odor
- - MA1025 — Very low cure shrinkage and very low odor; designed for structural bonding, as this adhesive requires virtually no surface prep
- - MA2015 — Often used in the transportation industry
- - MA2030 — Designed to eliminate problems associated with adhesive sag and slide
- - MA2045 — Formulated to eliminate problems associated with adhesive sag and slide
- - MA205HV — Designed for the structural bonding of various electronic assemblies
- - MA2090 — Uniquely formulated to eliminate problems associated with adhesive sag and slide
- - MA2230/MA2290 — Often used in the transportation industry
- - MA2245 — Often used in the transportation and marine industries
- - MA300 — Working time of 3 to 6 minutes
- - MA310 — Offers a combination of high strength and stiffness, and bonds a wide range of materials
- - MA320 — Excellent choice for transportation, wind energy, and engineering construction industries thanks to its high strength and durability; another of the Plexus marine adhesives
- - MA330 — Offers a combination of high strength and stiffness, and bonds a wide range of materials
- - MA3940 — Standard for applications requiring an adhesive to bond substrates sensitive to chemical crazing
- - MA420 (AO420) — Rapid-curing system; the standard choice for the transportation industry
- - MA420FS — Standard choice for composites automated bonding applications in the transportation industry; requires virtually no surface preparation and offers rapid fixture time
- - MA422/MA425 — Finds wide use in the transportation and marine industries, as it requires virtually no surface preparation
- - MA530 — For use on large structures in which a moderate open time is needed
- - MA550 — Standard in the marine industry, as this adhesive requires virtually no surface preparation
- - MA560-1 — Commonly used for bonding stringers and liners into large fiberglass boats with bond lines up to 1-inch thick
- - MA590 — Working time of 90 to 105 minutes and achieves approximately 500 and 1000 psi in 5 and 6.5 hours, respectively, at 74 °F
- - MA685 — Designed for solid surface seaming; highly translucent and clear, UV stable, and non-yellowing
- - MA8110 — Designed for structural bonding of galvanized metal; a fast-curing system
- - MA8120 — Advanced direct-to-metal, low halogen, two-part methacrylate structural adhesive
- - MA830/MA832 — Designed for structural bonding of metals without primers; requires little or no surface preparation
- - MA920 — Combines high strength, excellent fatigue endurance, and outstanding impact resistance in a low-odor product
Adhesive & Equipment, Inc. offers the highest-quality, most reliable adhesives and dispensing equipment on the market. To learn more about our offerings, or the ITW Plexus adhesives, in particular, reach out to the team today. To discuss options for your specific adhesive needs, request a quote from our experts.